What is a Webflow API?
The Webflow API is a versatile developer toolbox for automating various aspects of the platform. It enables data access via standard web protocols, allowing efficient site data retrieval and management in the Webflow CMS. Developers can handle site information, E-commerce collections, and webhooks, integrating data into mobile apps. Authentication option Using personal API keys.
The API supports CMS content management and Designer APIs for site elements. Overall, it empowers developers to enhance Webflow sites, automate tasks, and integrate with other platforms.
What do you do with the Webflow API?
- Bring external data into your Webflow CMS.
- Share Webflow content with other apps.
- Keep content consistent across systems.
- Display Webflow content in your mobile app.
- Make things happen in response to user interactions on your website.
How to get the Webflow API tokens :Generate Webflow CMS API Token in 2 Steps
To get a Webflow API key, you can follow these steps
Step 1:Log into your Webflow dashboard.
Find the project for which you want to create your API application.
Press the three dots and select “settings” in the drop-down menu.
Step 2:Find the “Integrations” tab in the upper menu and click on it.
Scroll down the page to the “API access” section.
There you’ll see the “Generate” button for creating your API key for the project.
After the generation, you’ll see the token in a separate box with the “Copy” button for your convenience.
Make sure to copy and save the generated API key, as losing it would mean you won’t be able to recover or re-create it. Generating a new token for the same website will automatically invalidate the previous one.
By following these steps, you will obtain your Webflow API key, which you can then use to integrate with the Webflow API for your specific project or application.
- How Prowly Transformed Access Ventures Strategy by Tim Harris - February 24, 2024
- Prowly: A Case Study Featuring Chris Zelig of Medstar Media - February 23, 2024
- Rafał Gajerski’s Prowly Journey at ASUS for Consumer Electronics - February 20, 2024