Terms of Membership
Last updated on 20.04.21
She can. She did. Ltd trading as ‘can.did.’ (referred to as ‘us’ and/or ‘we’) owns and operates meetcandid.com (also referred to as the ‘Site’ and/or ‘Platform’). We would ask that you take the time to read these Terms of Membership carefully (even if it does look a tad dull..!) They outline the rules for membership and apply to the access or use of the can.did. membership and related services (also referred to as the ‘Services’) as well as other important information regarding your rights. By joining can.did. and using www.meetcandid.com, you’ll be confirming that you have read, understood and agree to these Terms of Membership (hurrah!).
If you do not agree to these Terms of Membership, you must stop using or accessing the Services provided by She can. She did. Ltd.
The Terms of Membership may get updated from time to time. If they do, the most up-to-date version can always be found in the footer of the Membership Area once you are logged in to the Platform. We will indicate at the top of these Terms of Membership when they were last updated.
Your Information and Privacy
The Services are operated by She can. She did. Ltd trading as ‘can.did.’, (“We” “Our” and “Us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 11547670 and have Our registered office at Middle Shelspit Farm, Nash Road, Thornborough, MK182DY
As part of the Services, we provide a suite of member-only incentives including access to a digital network as well as a Platform that allows users to locate and obtain deals and exclusive offers from the brands that we’ve partnered with. From member-only incentives, discounts, giveaways, exclusive content and more – can.did. has been designed to provide all female business owners in the UK with access to a network and suite of health, financial and lifestyle benefits to support their journey, build their confidence and reward their hard work. The Services are provided to all verified female business owners in the UK as a paid service. As part of our offerings, We work on your behalf to negotiate exclusive offers that are not readily available elsewhere, from brands with whom We have partnered (“Partners”). In some circumstances, we may receive a fee or commission from Our Partners when you purchase with these offers through the platform.
Accessing Our Services
To access the features and services, you must first register and be verified by can.did. When you register for an account, you may be required to provide us with some information about yourself, such as your name, email address, company name and company details (website and/or social media handles). You agree to provide accurate and up-to-date information to us at all times (pretty please). can.did. will either approve or deny your membership within 24 hours.
In order to verify as a can.did. member, you must identify as a woman and be self-employed and/or a Director of a Limited Company with a business that is actively operating in the UK. can.did. may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer the Services to any person or entity and reserves the right to change its eligibility criteria at any time.
You agree that You will not:
- create an account for anyone other than yourself
- create a username with the intent to impersonate another person
- create an account that is subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorisation.
can.did. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to refuse the registration of an account if We believe the account does not meet the eligibility requirements for Membership.
Confidentiality and Security
When you register, you will be asked to create a secure password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password, and you accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. You may not share your password with others. We accept no responsibility for any liability that arises in connection with the theft of your account details or password by any unauthorised third parties.
If you believe that your account is no longer secure, then you must immediately notify Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Members’ are required to pay for their membership. The first payment is due at the point of joining. ‘can.did. per month’ membership represents a minimum, one month period. After the initial month, membership will run on a rolling basis, automatically renewing monthly until cancelled. Subsequent payments will be taken automatically via reoccurring monthly card payments on the same date each month. ‘can.did. per year’ membership represents a minimum, one year period. After the initial year, membership will run on a rolling basis, automatically renewing annually until cancelled. Subsequent payments will be taken automatically via reoccurring monthly card payments on the same date each month.
We may terminate your membership and remove you from our Platform if your payment fails and we are unable to contact you to collect this. For that reason, we ask that you keep your contact details, accessed via the ‘Manage my membership’ section, up-to-date.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
If you are dissatisfied with our services, please contact us and let us know and we will do our upmost to help.
You can cancel your membership at any time via the ‘Manage my membership’ section of the Platform and you will continue to have access until your purchased time expires (up until the date that your next payment was due). If you are dissatisfied with the service, refunds can be issued within 7 days of purchase.
On cancelling your membership with can.did, you will no longer benefit from the ongoing discounted rates provided by Our Partners.
can.did. reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel an account, deny you access to the Site and disable any username and password associated with you for any reason, including, without limitation, at any time, if We believe that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this agreement.
Modification of the Services
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Services at any time (including by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Services), temporarily or permanently, without notice to you. We will have no liability for any change to the Services or any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Services or Our Platform.
Use of Our Services
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, can.did. grants you, solely for your personal use, a limited, non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, and revocable licence to:
- use a partner discount code or offer
- access and use the Services for lawful and internal purposes.
You shall not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use, exploit, or make available any Services content, in whole or in part, for commercial (whether or not for profit) use or in any way that infringes any third-party rights.
Interaction with the Services
You agree that can.did. may use your suggestions, comments or ideas (“Feedback”) in any way, including in future modifications of the Services, other products or services, advertising or marketing materials. You grant to can.did. a perpetual, fully transferable, sublicensable, worldwide, fully paid-up, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use the Feedback you provide to can.did. in any way. Your Feedback will never be published in an identifiable format. We will only share your feedback with partners in an aggregated format where no individual is identifiable.
You acknowledge and agree that can.did. shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information, goods or services available on or through any linked site. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to this Site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
The Services may contain links to other independent websites that are not provided by Us. Such independent sites are not under Our control, and We are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies (if any). You will need to make your own independent judgment about whether to use any such independent sites, including whether to buy any products or services offered by them.
You may link to Our Platform, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage Our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, endorsement or approval on Our part. Our Services must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of Our Services other than the main home page at www.meetcandid.com We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission at any time and without notice.
If you have trouble using our website with certain web browsers or other software or if you want to let us know how we can improve accessibility, please let us know by contacting us on email@example.com These Terms of Membership can also be made available in a larger print, should you require it. We genuinely do appreciate your feedback and your suggestions will help us to improve our service to you.
All Materials included in the Services are the property of can.did. or its third-party licensors. Unless We give you permission, you may not make use of the Materials. can.did. and Our third-party licensors reserve all rights in any intellectual property in the Materials. This means that We and where applicable Our licensors, remain owners of the Materials and are free to use them as We, or the relevant third party licensor, see fit.
She can. She did. is a trademark of She can. She did. Ltd. In addition, all logos, images, visuals and infographics (“Visuals”) belong to can.did. Unless we give you permission, you may not make use of any Visuals.
can.did. has relationships with a network of Partners and other third parties who supply products and content advertised in the Services. The Services include trademarks, service marks, product names, package designs, and company names or logos that are not owned by can.did. and are the property of their respective owners.
You may not use or reproduce any trademarks displayed on the Platform without Our permission.
As a condition of your use of the Platform you agree not to:
- infringe the intellectual property rights of anyone (including can.did.);
- use the Services for any purpose or in a way which is unlawful under any applicable law or prohibited by these Terms or any other applicable policies or terms;
- harass, threaten, troll, demean, stalk, defraud, deceive, embarrass, or otherwise harm any other user of the Services;
- share data and information about any other user of the Services with anybody or party outside the Services unless explicitly agreed to by the user;
- infringe or misappropriate, or encourage others to infringe or misappropriate, any right of a third party, including any third party intellectual property right; interfere with security-related features of the Services, including by: (i) disabling or circumventing features that prevent or limit use or copying of any content; (ii) reverse engineering or otherwise attempting to discover the source code of any portion of the Services; (iii) attempting to circumvent password or other authorisation methods;
- market, rent or lease the Services for a fee or charge, or use the Services to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation;
- interfere, attempt to interfere and/or assist or permit any person to interfere with the operation of the Services or any user’s enjoyment of the Services, including by: (i) uploading or otherwise disseminating any virus, adware, spyware, worm, or other malicious code; (ii) making any unsolicited offer or advertisement to another user of the Services; (iii) collecting personal information about another user or third party without consent; or (iv) interfering with or disrupting any network, equipment, or server connected to or used to provide the Services;
- perform any fraudulent activity including impersonating any person or entity, claiming a false affiliation, accessing any other Services account without permission, or falsifying your age or date of birth;
- sell or otherwise transfer the access granted under these Terms or any Materials (as defined in Section 5) or any right or ability to view, access, or use any Materials;
- reproduce, make modifications to, distribute, sell, publicly display, or publicly perform the Services;
- simulate communications from Us or another service provider or entity in order to collect identity information, authentication credentials or other information (“phishing”);
A breach of any of the foregoing is grounds for termination of your right to use or access the Services.
Disclaimer of Representations and Warranties
By law, consumers have certain rights that cannot be excluded or altered by a contract. Nothing in this Agreement affects those rights you may have as a consumer. Other than as expressly stated in this Agreement or as required by law, can.did. does not make any specific promises about the Services. For example, We don’t make any promises about: the content provided through the Services; the specific features of the Services, or its accuracy, reliability, availability, or ability to meet your needs; or that any content you submit will be accessible or stored on the Services.
can.did. is not responsible for any contract you conclude or offers, invitations or promotions you receive from Our Partners.
Limitation of Liability
Nothing in these Terms is intended to exclude or limit any party’s liability for death or personal injury, fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation, or any liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, We and Our affiliates will not be responsible for any (a) losses that were not caused by Us or Our breach of these Terms; (b) any loss or damage that was not, at the time that these Terms were formed between You and Us, a reasonably foreseeable consequence of Us or Our affiliates breaching this agreement; or (c) the Content submitted by any Partner, or for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any Partner.
We shall not be liable to you for any losses you suffer or costs you incur because:
- you are unable to access or use the Services;
- any device including any hardware or software you use to access the Services is damaged, corrupted or fails to work;
- the Services contain errors, defects, or do not meet your requirements;
- you do not receive notifications from Us or Our Partners in a timely manner;
- you allow a third party access the Services;
- of any failure to provide alternatives where any offers, events or promotions are cancelled or varied by a Partner; or under any contracts, offers or events received by you from Partners through the Services.
Finally – if in doubt, contact us
If you have any queries, comments or complaints regarding the Terms of Membership, just get in touch at:
Thank you for sticking with us and getting to the end of that rather cumbersome list of rules and regulations!
We won’t lie, reading the Ts and Cs doesn’t exactly fill us with joy either (!) so congratulations for getting to the end! We look forward to welcoming you to can.did. Now go and get yourself a coffee to celebrate!