What is a Wix?
Wix, established in 2006, is a website-building platform designed for users who want to create and personalize websites without the necessity of coding skills. Renowned for its intuitive interface and drag-and-drop website editor, Wix has become popular among a diverse user base, ranging from individuals to businesses and organizations.
The platform equips users with a suite of tools to easily design and oversee their online presence.
What is a Webflow?
Founded in 2013, Webflow stands out as a web design and development platform empowering users to craft professional and personalized websites without requiring advanced coding expertise.
Recognized for its robust design and customization capabilities, Webflow is particularly tailored for web professionals and individuals who desire greater control over both the aesthetics and functionality of their websites.
When to Choose Wix?
Choosing Wix is a smart decision when simplicity, speed, and affordability are your top priorities. With its user-friendly drag-and-drop editor, Wix enables quick website creation, making it an excellent option for beginners or those without extensive technical skills. The diverse range of templates, built-in multilingual features, and integrated email marketing tools further enhance the versatility of Wix for various website needs.
When to Choose Webflow?
Choosing Webflow is ideal for those who prioritize advanced design features and professional web development. With intricate control over design customization, Webflow caters to web professionals and designers, offering sophisticated tools for professional-grade websites. Additionally, Webflow’s ‘Logic’ tool enhances workflow automation, contributing to efficient site management. In summary, Webflow is a strong choice for those seeking advanced design capabilities and professional web development features.
Comparison of Webflow vs Wix
Easy of Use
Wix is tailored with simplicity for beginners at its core. Its drag-and-drop website editor enables users to effortlessly select, drag, and drop elements onto the web page. The process is uncomplicated: choose the desired element, move it with your cursor, and place it where you want on the page. User-friendly editing is a highlight; clicking on an element reveals Wix’s customization options, thoughtfully labeled for easy navigation. Wix’s sidebar, even without the aid of video guides, maintains an intuitive design.
Webflow delivers a distinct ease-of-use experience. Bursting with extensive customization features, it can be overwhelming, especially for beginners. Webflow allows for adjustments to web page paddings and margins, and users can preview the CSS code for each edited element. Each website element offers a more comprehensive array of customization options compared to Wix.
Wix offers first-rate 24/7 customer support. Users can access detailed self-help documentation, and there’s an in-editor help button for quick assistance.
Webflow’s customer service team is active Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. PT. The response time is within 24-48 business hours. Customer support is available via email or support tickets. Webflow also provides an online community forum and extensive self-help materials through Webflow University, including courses for beginners and advanced users.
Wix allows users to create a blog easily through its left-hand sidebar. While the blog editor is user-friendly, some limitations include the inability to create backdated or private posts.
Webflow is equipped with a powerful CMS (content management system) for blogging. Users can upload and edit content efficiently from the Webflow dashboard, and there’s on-page editing. Webflow also auto-generates meta titles, descriptions, and open graph settings for social media sharing.
Wix eCommerce functionality is user-friendly, allowing users to add a store with a few clicks, accept various payments, and integrate with online marketplaces. Wix also offers an extensive app market for additional eCommerce features.
Webflow’s eCommerce functionality, although relatively new, provides customization features for products, online checkout, and transactional emails. It allows users to sell both physical and digital products. However, as of the provided content, Webflow lacks customer account features and in-built abandoned cart functionality.
Wix comes with an in-built SEO tool (SEO wizard) accessible from the dashboard, offering basic SEO features. Users need to manually create and submit sitemaps.
Webflow provides more granular control over SEO, allowing users to set URL slugs, meta titles, meta descriptions, image alt text, indexing rules, SEO markup, and redirects. It also facilitates automatic sitemap updates upon publishing.
Design and Customization
Wix is designed for ease of use, with a drag-and-drop website editor suitable for beginners. While it offers customization features, it may lack some advanced design options.
Webflow is tailored for professional web designers, providing advanced customization features and access to HTML and CSS code. It allows for precise control over web page elements and offers a visual editor with the flexibility to code.
Templates & themes
Webflow provides more than 1,000 responsive website templates designed for businesses, portfolios, and blogs. Users can easily customize these templates using a mix of visual tools, HTML/CSS, and plugin integrations.
In contrast, Wix offers 500+ mobile-optimized templates suitable for different businesses. These templates are customizable through a user-friendly WYSIWYG editor and can be integrated with over 250 web apps. However, it’s worth noting that changing templates in Wix means starting the design process from the beginning each time.
Alternatives of Webflow vs Wix
- Woo Commerce
- Big Cartel
- GoDaddy Website Builder
Benefits of Webflow vs Wix
- Webflow offers powerful design customization for intricate control.
- Better suited for creating sophisticated and dynamic animations.
- All Webflow templates are responsive, and favored by search engines for improved SEO.
- Broader font options for creative typography choices.
- Allows hosting anywhere, providing greater flexibility.
- Logic tool offers more control over workflow automation.
- Wix is more user-friendly with a quick learning curve.
- Simplifies website translation without third-party apps.
- Better suited for dropshipping.
- Wix offers unlimited bandwidth on paid plans.
- Built-in tool for sending up to 200 newsletters monthly.
Webflow vs Wix Pricing Comparision
Both Wix and Webflow offer free plans, making them accessible for users to explore their features. Wix provides plans starting at $4.50 per month for websites and $17 per month for eCommerce.
Webflow’s plans begin at $12 per month for websites and $29 per month for eCommerce. Opting for annual billing with Webflow offers a 15% discount, providing users with cost-effective options for their website-building needs.
Pros and Cons of Webflow vs Wix
- Assistance is available around the clock for all plans.
- Supports multiple languages to cater to diverse audiences.
- No coding or web design expertise is needed for an intuitive experience.
- Wide selection of templates for a polished look.
- Allows users to go live using a Wix subdomain without cost.
- Cheaper plans come with significantly limited space and bandwidth.
- Constraints on fully customizing the site for highly tailored designs.
- SEO features are more basic compared to some other platforms.
- Changing the theme may result in the loss of website content.
- Empower web professionals with advanced design and customization features.
- Every aspect, including checkout, emails, storefront, and blog layouts, is fully customizable.
- Access to sophisticated tools for optimizing search engine performance.
- Similar to Wix, hosting is included with the platform.
- Might be challenging for beginners due to its complexity.
- Projects cannot be published on the free plan.
- No 24/7 Contact Support
- Setting up a blog can be unnecessarily intricate.
FAQs of Webflow vs Wix
- Q: Webflow vs. Wix – What’s the main difference?
- Webflow offers extensive customization for designers, while Wix is user-friendly with template reliance.
- Q: Which is better for beginners – Webflow or Wix?
- Wix is more beginner-friendly with drag-and-drop features, while Webflow suits those comfortable with advanced customization.
- Q: Can I fully customize with Wix and Webflow?
- Yes, both allow customization, but Webflow offers more advanced design control.
- Q: Template variety – Webflow vs. Wix?
- Wix has 800+ templates, Webflow fewer but allows extensive customization.
- Q: Popularity – Webflow vs. Wix?
- Wix is popular for beginners; and Webflow for complex design projects.
- Q: What are the key considerations for choosing – Webflow or Wix?
- Consider expertise, project requirements, ease of use, and template preferences.
The decision between Webflow and Wix depends on individual preferences and priorities. Webflow suits those emphasizing design flexibility and advanced features, while Wix excels in user-friendliness, affordability, and comprehensive e-commerce solutions. Explore the key reasons for choosing either platform and consider alternative options based on specific needs.
- How Prowly Transformed Access Ventures Strategy by Tim Harris - February 24, 2024
- Prowly: A Case Study Featuring Chris Zelig of Medstar Media - February 23, 2024
- Rafał Gajerski’s Prowly Journey at ASUS for Consumer Electronics - February 20, 2024